Tuesday 7 July 2015

Grattitude on on a bad day

So this grateful thing, I'm thinking I'm finally getting.  Because when you do it consistently (and to your best non-sarcastically, which can be tough at times) two things begin to happen:  a) you start to think about your day in terms of the good things that happened, which as we all know is good for mental health.  and b) you start to try to do things or make things happen in the day that you will be grateful for so you start to have things to relate  around the dinner table, where our lists our discussed.

So, today was a bad one, cuz anxiety was high, and I had a situation with a coworker.  So I need to work at my grateful.

1) I was grateful Alexis stuck up for me in my coworker situation, where she felt I had stepped on her toes, and I was having an emotional reaction as she and I are normally very close.  It caused me a lot of stress and difficulty, I'm grateful for his loyalty and defence and protectiveness.  It made me feel a a little cherished.

2) I was grateful for my son's deep belly laughs while his Daddy was tickling him.  He has a cold/allregy thing going on right now, and is fussy, so his laughter was wonderful to hear (as always).


3)I am grateful for my gardens; it's so nice to look outside and feel a sense of accomplishment.  Daisies and Marigolds and roses blooming like mad.  I did that.  That was me.  And I am grateful to have this home I sometimes almost feel is mine, to have a yard to fuss over, and make beautiful.  I am getting great satisfaction from it.

4)And I am grateful for social media, for allowing me to feel part of a community, one of the only ways I can.  I am particualry grateful for the blog of the woman who's advice on roses should help save mine.  Looks like an interesting source of information.

I'm grateful for my home, and to be able to work from home, and to have co-workers I get along with (mostly, apparently)

And then there's the pie.  The fake-icecream pie of which I am eating an entier pie.  Trying to find something good here....good pie? Grateful it's not crack?

That's all for now - I believe another list with plans on achieveing things to be grateful for would be useful. But not pie. 

Oh well.  Tomorrow is another day with no mistakes or pie in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment